Another solution to issues facing global managers is through carefully planned training programs for the workforce. The extent of globalization has attained a position where adjustment and adaptation to change has become
“a principal concern for organizations and governments. Political and economic freedoms have proved to be essential to the development of any society, but human resource development is critical in building on these opportunities. As organizations adjust and conform to global changes, they recognize that this can only be accomplished through employee development. Global competition encourages the facilitation of productive people which allows countries and organizations to expand and increase economic prosperity.” (Schmidtke & Hughes, 2010)
• Baugher, S. L. (2012). Cultural Competency: Globally and Locally. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 104(2), 10+.
• Curthoys, A., & Johnson, C. (1998). Articulating the Future and the Past: Gender, Race and Globalisation in One Nation’s Self-Construction. Hecate, 24(2), 97.
• Kho, N. D. (2011, December). Multilingual Content: Challenges and Solutions.Information Today, 28(11), 1+. Retrieved from http://www.questia.com
• Low, L. (2007). Challenges to the Global Trading System: Adjustment to Globalization in the Asia-Pacific Region. ASEAN Economic Bulletin, 24(3), 378+.
• Roniger, L. (1995). Public Life and Globalization as Cultural Vision. The Canadian Review of Sociology and Anthropology, 32(3), 259+.
• Schmidtke, C., & Hughes, C. (2010). Meeting Organizational Global Challenges through Training. ATEA Journal, 38(1), 18+.
• Yeung, A., & Lyngaas, J. (2005, March). Management Challenges with Banks in China: The Pace of Reform, Sound Corporate Governance Framework and Management Approach Must Take into Account the Environment in Which the Banks Operate. the General Health and Sustainability of the Economy Requires More Than Just Sound Business Acumen and Political Stability. the Evolution of a Strong and Stable Financial System Is Just as Crucial. Business Asia, 13(1), 36+.
• Stephanie Overby, Real World Case 2 – Cadbury, Forrester Research, A.T. Kearney, and Others: IT Leaders Face New Challenges in a Globalized World, adapted from “Globalization: New Management Challenges Facing IT Leaders,” CIO.com, November 12, 2009.